Dr. Sudeshna Sengupta
Dept. Of Biotechnology, IIT Madras
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Mob : (044) 9840561987
- Doctor of Philosophy: Department of Biotechnology, IIT Madras
- Master of Science: Department of Biophysics and Molecular Biology, University of Calcutta
- Bachelor of Science: Department of Human Physiology, Presidency College, University of Calcutta
- Senior Scientist, Bioincubator, IIT Madras Research park
- Scientist I, Institute of Chemical and Engg. Sciences; Singapore
- Postdoctoral Research, Department of Electrical Engineering; IIT Madras
- Ph.D. Research, Department of Biotechnology; IIT Madras
- ISJRP (Indo Swiss Joint Research Programme) Fellow, Basel; Switzerland
- Research Assistant, Department of Pathology University of California at Los Angeles
HONOURS AND AWARDS
- • Awarded the Indo-Swiss joint research fellowship (ISJRP) to work at Biozentrum, Basel, Switzerland Dec, 2008.
- • Awarded the WOMEN SCIENTISTS SCHEME (WOS-A) fellowship as Principle investigator, from Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India for 3 yrs from July 2012.
Refereed journal articles
- Sengupta, S., Chandra, T. S. 2010. Molecular and structural characterization of GTP- cyclohydrolase II in Eremothecium ashbyi NRRL Y-1363: cDNA cloning, comparative sequence analysis and molecular modelling. Fungal biology 114: 731 -738.
- Sengupta, S., Chandra, T. S. 2011. Sequence analysis and structural characterization of a glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase gene from the phytopathogenic fungus Eremothecium ashbyi. Mycopathologia 171: 123-131.
- Sengupta, S., Chandra, T. S. 2011. Isolation and application of pyruvate kinase gene as a genetic marker for phylogenetic studies in the phytopathogenic fungus Eremothecium ashbyi. International journal of advanced Biotechnology and Research 2(4): 457-467.
- Sengupta, S., Kaufmann, A., Chandra, T. S. 2012. Development of fluorescent reporter tagged RIB gene cassettes for replicative transformation, expression and enhanced riboflavin production in Eremothecium ashbyi. Fungal biology 116(10): 1042–1051. (IF- 2.92)
- Sengupta, S., Kaufmann, A., Chandra, T. S. 2013. Live cell fluorescence imaging for early expression and localization of RIB1 and RIB3 genes in Ashbya gossypii. Journal of Basic Microbiology 00: 1–7. (IF 1.395)
- Sengupta, S., Chandra, T. S. 2013. Antagonistic effect of myo-inositol on riboflavin production in two riboflavinogenic fungi Ashbya gossypii and Eremothecium ashbyi. Mycoscience 54: 429 -432. (IF 1.418)
- Achar, H.V.B., Sengupta S and Bhattacharya, E. (2013). Fabrication of ultrathin silicon nanoporous membranes and their application in filtering industrially important biomolecules. IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology 12(4): 583-588. (IF 1.825)
- Sudeshna Sengupta, Sudhakar Jonnalagadda, Lakshani Goonewardena and Veeresh Juturu 2015. Metabolic engineering of a novel muconic acid biosynthetic pathway via 4-hydroxybenzoic acid in Escherichia coli. Applied and Environmental Microbiology (81:8037-8043). (IF 3.688)
- Priyanka Bhadra, Sudeshna Sengupta, Noel Prashant Ratchagar, Balachandra Achar, Anju Chadha and Enakshi Bhattacharya 2016. Study of microorganism filtration and selective transportation of charged ZnO nanoparticles through silicon nanoporous membranes. Journal of Membrane Science (503:16-20). (IF 5.056)
Papers presented at National and International Conference
- Shivansh Goyal, Sudeshna Sengupta, Guhan Jayaraman (2017) Novel methods for specific and cost-effective quantification in real time qPCR using light-up dye-aptamer pair. International Symposium on Systems, Synthetic & Chemical Biology. Dec 5-7th , Bose Institute; Kolkata.
- 2. Sudeshna Sengupta, Sudhakar Jonnalagadda, Lakshani Goonewardena (2015) Metabolic engineering of a novel muconic acid biosynthetic pathway in bacteria. Biotrans 2015 July 25-30th , Vienna Austria.
- E. Bhattacharya, H. V. B. Achar, S. Sengupta, N. P. Ratchagar, P. Bhadra, A. Chadha (2014) Size and charge based transport of molecules through silicon nanoporous membranes (Inproceeding) Isss, Seventh (Ed.): International Conference on Smart Materials Structures & Systems (ISSS, pp. 8-11, 2014), Bangalore, Invited.
- Bhattacharya, E., Achar, H.V.B. and Sengupta S (2012). Nanoporous silicon membranes for biomolecular separation. 4th International Conference on Advanced Nano Materials. Oct 17-19th, Chennai, India.
- Bhattacharya, E., Achar, H.V.B. and Sengupta S (2012). Biomolecular separation using nanoporous silicon membranes. International Conference on Computational & Experimental Engineering and Sciences, Crete, Greece.
- Sengupta, S. and Chandra, T. S. (2010). Sequence analysis and structural characterization of a complete gene encoding pyruvate kinase from flavinogenic fungus Eremothecium ashbyi. 1st International Conference on bioinformatics and systems biology, Annamalai University, India.
- 7. Sengupta, S. and Chandra, T. S. (2007). Expression of the red fluorescent protein DsRed in filamentous hemiascomycete fungi, Ashbya gossypii and Eremothecium ashbyi. International Conference on the Biology of Yeasts and Filamentous Fungi (BYFF), National Chemical Laboratories (NCL) Pune.
- Sengupta, S. and Chandra, T. S. (2007). A genetic study of the Riboflavin biosynthetic pathway of two highly flavinogenic fungi, Ashbya gossypii and Eremothecium ashbyii. 48th Annual conference of Association of Microbiologists of India (AMI), IIT Madras, Chennai, India.
- Datta A., Gupta S., Ghosh A.K., Qanungo K.R. and Kundu S.C. (1998). Molecular characterization of fibroin protein from Tasar Silkworm, Antheraea mylitta. XVIIIth International Congress of Genetics. Beijing, China.
- Datta A., Gupta S., Ghosh A.K. and Kundu S.C. (1998). An approach towards cloning of fibroin protein from Tasar Silkworm, Antheraea mylitta. The 3rd international conference on wild silkmoths. Bhubaneswar, India.